The city of Venice is busy and there are always lots of tourists during the summer, so we recommend that you book your hotel as soon as possible. Below are a few suggestions of places to stay.
Hotels close to Arsenale (cheap or relative cheap)
- Soggiorni Salesiani (single room: approx € 60,00) http://www.salesianivenezia.it/
- Foresteria Valdese di Venezia (single room: approx € 60,00) http://www.foresteriavenezia.it/index.php?lang=en
- Private rooms in Murano (duble room : approx € 60,00) http://www.airbnb.it/rooms/9766920
- Hotel Locanda Sant’Anna (single room: approx € 85,00) http://www.locandasantanna.com/
- Hotel Corte Contarina (single room: approx € 130,00) http://www.hotelcortecontarina.it/
- Hotel Tre Archi (single room: approx € 140,00 ) http://tre-archi.venicehotelitaly.com?
- Palazzo Contarini Della Porta Di Ferro Hotel (single room: approx € 160,00) http://palazzo-contarini-della-porta-di-ferro.venicehotelitaly.com/
- Hotel al Nuovo Teson (single room: approx € 160,00) http://www.hotelalnuovoteson.com/
- Hotel Belle Arti (single room: approx € 180,00) http://www.hotelbelleartivenice.com/index.php
Moreover, there are plently of hotels at higher price that you can find and book by using the standard hotel websites. We strongly suggest to book an hotel not too far from the Arsenale, otherwise you will spent 30-45 minutes to reach the venue of the workshop (both on foot or by waterbus “vaporetto”).
Moving in Venice
For general information you can have a look at http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-vaporetto-fares.htm